- From a mobile browser or a computer.
- Log in to instagram.com
- Then select Edit Profile from the top right corner.
- Tap or click your profile image.
- In the top right corner.
- Then choose Modify Profile.
- In the bottom right corner.
- Tap or click Temporarily disable my account.
How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently / Temporarily?
You can deactivate your Instagram account at any time, as many times a week as you like, so long as it’s only once per week. You may temporarily shut down your Instagram account only once every seven days.
Select “Profile” from the drop-down menu in the upper right corner. select “Edit Profile” next to your avatar and user name. Scroll down and pick the “Temporarily disable my account” option. Choose a reason why you’re shutting down your account.
If you follow the steps above to delete your Instagram account, it will be removed immediately. This is not the case with Facebook, which disables your account for two weeks before queueing it for deletion, which might take up to 90 days (104 days in total).